Remember Peshwa Bajirao of Maratha ? And his Shaniwaarwada? The famous Shaniwaarwada is a haunted place now in Pune!
Bajirao was the General of the Maratha Empire in India and he served as the Peshwa to the 5th Maratha Chattarpati Sahu from 1720 until his death. Peshwa Bajirao was probably the most finest Cavalry of India.
But now on every new moon his fort “Shaniwaarwada “ becomes a haunted fort.
According to the local people , on every new moon night a weird voice is heard saying “ Kaka Mala Vachwa” ( Uncle save me!).
Famous for its architectural beauty, the Shaniwaarwada has been witnessed with various paranormal activities. According to the local people a young prince was brutally murdered and his soul is still there and on every new moon night he cries saying “ Kaka Mala Vachwa!”
Story behind Shaniwaarwada haunting activities-
Assassination, Betrayal and greed for power!
Behind the spooky activities of “Shaniwaarwada” these 3 were the main factors. After Bajirao’s death his son Nana Saheb took the power of Peshwa of Maratha. He had three sons, Madhavrao, Vishwasrao and Narayanrao. In the third battle of Panipath, Peshwa Nana Saheb died and his son Madhavrao took the power. In the third war of Panipath, Vishwasrao also died. After the death of Vishwasrao, Madhavrao was heart broken and in shock and he also died.
After the death of both his brothers , Narayanrao became the peshwa at the age of 16. As he was only 16 his uncle Raghunathrao was in charge of the state on his behalf.
The wife of Raghunathrao became very jealous as she wanted to the wife of a Peshwa. Everyone started planning and plotting conspiracy against Narayanrao. Situation became worse and he arrested Raghunathrao.
Naryanrao had good relationships with the Gardi Tribe. To seek revenge Raghunathrao sent a letter to the Gardi tribe chief with the order to capture Naryanrao but his wife Anandibai changed just one word in the letter and it became a letter to kill the Peshwa Narayanrao.
The Gardi chief sent his assassins to kill Peshwa. When Narayanrao was sleeping at night the assasins entered the room, Peshwa woke up and ran towards his uncle Raghunathrao’s room screaming “Uncle Save Me!” But the assassins killed him.
So according to the local people the ghost of young Naryanrao is still there and on every new moon night he cries and screams.
About Shaniwaarwada –
- Built in 1732 as the mansion of the “Shrimant Pahile Bajirao Peshwe”
- Seven story high beautiful building
- 5 gateways , 9 bastions
- The mansion is a mixture of Maghal and Maratha architecture.
- Massive fortification walls
- Wooden Pillars and beautiful lattice walls
- Delhi Darwaza is the main entrance which is about 21 ft. tall.
- The construction cost of Shaniwaarwada fort was Rs. 16,120/- at that time
- Initially it was a wooden mansion but it caught fire in 1827 and the mansion got destroyed at many places.
- Shaiwaarwada includes fountains, Ganesh Mahal, Rang Mahal, Aarsa (Mirror) Mahal, Diwan Khana, Hasti Dant, gardens, courtyards, trees and residential areas.
- A light and sound effect show is also displayed by the authorities in the evening
Best Time To Visit: All round the year. It remains open all days of the week.
Where – Shaniwar Peth, Pune, Maharashtra.